We don't have a set schedule for updates, but we have outline the following goals & non-goals. Our short-term goals:
- Bugfixes: we will apply bugfixes as we find them and push new releases as needed.
- UI Improvements: we'll fix annoyances and problems when working with the application.
- Documentation: we'll provide documentation and tutorial videos as needed.
- Translation: translation into other languages besides English.
As our long-term goals we have identified the following objectives.
- Mobile Binaries: binaries for Android and iOS (needs larger screen real-estate). Also troubling due to the locked-down file system on mobile OSs.
- GIF Export: improved export of GIF images (quality and compression).
- MP4 Export: improved export, e.g. the format doesn't currently support audio yet.
- MP3 & WAV: improved compression for MP3 and WAV audio files when exporting.
- Integration: integration or code samples for integration into game engines such as libGDX, Unity, Unreal, Godot etc. Please request integration details so we know where to focus on.
- Integration into HTML: we'll make it so animations can be played from a website. They use a lot less memory, so it might be beneficial when compared to GIF or MP4.
- Templates: adding a paid system to download graphical templates. Useful if you are not an artist but want to use the software.
- Comic Book: a utility to combine multiple animations into an animated "Comic Book" that could be exported to MP4 or integrated into a website.
- Animated Mouse Cursors: utility to produce animated mouse cursors.
- Animated Wallpapers: utility to export animates as animated wallpapers.
- other: please contact us to request.
Non-Goals are amongst the following.
- Frame Rotation: although possible, we are currently not planning to support rotation of animation frames within the 2D animation utility. Although it is possible, it will also complicate things at the same time (implementation & user-interface wise). Try Spine instead which in an excellent product.
- 3D Functionality: this is a 2D animator. There are currently no plans to support 3D animations at the moment. Try Blender instead.
Meet the Team
We are a small indie developer studio with a handful of members.
Christoph Aschwanden Software developer, server administrator, publisher and owner. Goes under the handle "noblemaster" in-game.
Antony Lee Hager Artist for in-game art and promo materials. Specialize in 2D art and animations. See Portfolio for details.
Travis Bowling Modding and overseeing the moderations. Some consulting work. Goes under the handle "TravisII" in-game.
Please also visit our company profile for philosophy and additional details. We also have list of software products we developed and currently maintain on our company homepage.